University Vehicles are to be operated only by authorized individuals.
- An individual is considered authorized once the Driver Registration Form has been completed and submitted to Transporation and Traffic Management.
- Individuals who have not completed the Driver Registration Form will not be covered by university insurance when operation a university-owned, leased or rented vehicle, and may be liable for all damages and claims.
- It is the responsibility of department heads to ensure that drivers of university vehicles are licensed, registered, properly trained, and registered with Transportation & Traffic Management for insurance coverage.
- Drivers of any university operated vehicle must comply with all state and local traffic laws. Drivers are responsible for payment of any fines resulting from a violation of motor vehicle regulations while operating university vehicles.
Requirements to Drive
- Possess a valid United States or Canadian Driver's License.
- At least 18 years of age.
- A current university faculty, staff, student employee, or otherwise working in an official capacity for the university.
- Have less than 2 moving violations on their driving record.
- Are authorized by the using department head.
- Meet university and Student Life standards to operate a university-owned or leased vehicle.
- Are registered with Student Life Human Resources.
- Successfully complete driver training.